Translation is at the heart of Stratcore
We translate into your chosen language with texts fully adapted – and accurately translated for your target audience
Thanks to our large pool of skilled project managers and wide network of professional translators, we can translate your documents quickly, efficiently, and at a good price.
We treat all the documents we receive with tremendous respect. Providing brilliantly translated documents to our clients is a passion and central to our business philosophy.
Our translators work to the highest of standards, translating text into their native language. The translator we assign to your project will live in the country to which you are targeting your message. Our translators each have their own areas of expertise: legal, medical, technical, advertising, as well as other areas. Our ambition is to deliver high-quality translations in any and every subject area.
High quality – quick and simple
STRATCORE — We focus on a personalised top-quality service. Our best practice policy provides you with the same project manager and team of linguists throughout the assignment ensuring consistency and best results.
Without compromising our high demands on quality, all assignments are handled as quickly as possible. We are here when you need us. At Stratcore, we always offer:
- Personalised service.
- Accessibility and flexibility.
- A partner throughout the entire translation process.
- High quality at a good price.
Professional translations that provide real value
When you engage Stratcore for your language requirements, we will provide professional, high-quality translations that really work as intended. Our personal service and accessibility ensure that your texts are given the respect they deserve and are translated in the right way by the right person.
Language is at the heart of how you communicate with your customers. This places high demands on precision and consistency in the use of language. For consistency in using your preferred terminology, style and tone, we use translation memories and glossaries that help provide quality assurance. This also makes our translation services more cost-effective – you do not have to pay for words and sentences that are repeated or that have been translated previously. Stratcore is a translation agency with the craft of translation as its core. We can enable multilingual communication for you so that you can reach new markets and make your company grow.
Why are translations needed?
Is translation really necessary? This is a common question that people ask themselves these days. After all, ‘everyone’ can, for example, exchange ideas and communicate using English. However, a lot of meaning and nuance and precision can be lost when the native language isn’t used to full effect.
Visitors to websites are far more inclined to continue reading and stay if they are welcomed in their native language. And, of course, there are circumstances where there may be more at stake than losing customers if the person reading the text does not fully understand the information.
Free online translation services – wouldn’t they work?
- Although so-called machine translation (MT) fulfils its function in some contexts, the technology remains far from being accomplished enough to replace human translation. Words can mean different things in different situations – machines still find this difficult to deal with.
- AI (artificial intelligence) has made translation tools ever smarter, which makes the translation process faster. Such technology is used in Google Translate. There is still a long way before algorythms replace human translators. And also by using services of that kind, you risk making your sensitive company documents public!
- A translation needs the human brain so that it can be correctly tailored both linguistically and culturally. If words and text are to hit the mark as far as target group, aim and subject area are concerned, a professional translator will be necessary. Texts need to be adapted, a creative human brain cannot be replaced by a software.
- A free translation can never attain the quality of a professional translation, and opting for a ‘free’ price can prove costly to a company in the long run.
Why choose Stratcore as your translation agency?
- Stratcore offers accessibility and a personalised service. We are here when you need us, and that includes outside office hours.
- Stratcore is a full-service agency, providing one and the same partner for the entire translation process as well as your other language and communication requirements.
- Flexibility – Stratcore offers translation services tailored precisely to your needs.
- Fast and simple – our skilled project managers (themselves language experts) will be your point of contact throughout the entire process.
- Total confidentiality at all stages for our clients, both internally and externally is guaranteed. Your sensitive documents are in safe hands throughout the entire process.
- Professional, high-quality translations – your texts deserve excellence.
So what is a good translation?
A well-translated text is one which your audience won’t notice as having been translated. A well-translated piece will be pleasant to read and it needs to work within its context. Each translation assignment brings its own special requirements. Texts in specialised subject areas will need to be translated by someone with the right knowledge domain to ensure that the terminology is exact and has the correct ‘ring’ to it. For example, a marketing text needs to be translated by someone who is skilled at using the right level of style and the right words, and even ‘buzz’ words from marketing to create text that arouses interest and sells. At Stratcore, we do not just translate words: we translate your entire message so that it gets through and hits home – in the right way, in the right style, to the right target group, all the while respecting the subject area and nature of the text.
Correct and well-written – at all linguistic levels
When you purchase professional translation services from Stratcore you can expect translations to be well-written, correct in style, tone and register, appropriately matching the source language. Depending on context and the nature of the project, it is especially important for the translation to retain the same feeling and create the same effect as the original source. For instance, in marketing contexts, it is an advantage to create a feeling of closeness to the reader. In legal contexts, it can at times be important to convey formality and gravitas.
The cultural dimension is an important consideration, which we at Stractore take pride in. We tailor texts not only linguistically but also culturally. We offer several levels of cultural adaptation for your multilingual communication. Below, we describe localisation, which is part of most translation assignments, but by clicking on this link you can also find out more about Stratcore’s transcreation services.
Localisation – translation that creates trust
In the context of translation, localisation means adapting something from one language to another. Consider that your company is about to launch a product or service on the global market. It would mean that the texts about the product or the service would need to be translated and culturally adapted to different countries and even different territories within that country. When readers encounter their own native language, where all the different culturally bound elements feel familiar, a sense of trust in the product or service is created. It is important for the intended target group to continue reading and not be disturbed by aspects of the text that feel unfamiliar or difficult to understand. It is important to build on the trust and establish a connection between the product and the target audience. Localisation can include:
- Units, currencies, and time indicators.
- Date, address, and telephone number formats.
- Style level and modes of address.
- Humour, plays on words and idiomatic expressions.
- Choices of colours and illustrations.
Sometimes, brand names and/or names of products and services need to be adapted to avoid evoking undesirable associations in the new language and the target market. You can be certain that at Stratcore we are sensitive to cultural differences and nuances and are able to guide our customers and provide solutions should they be needed. Contact us today for localisation that creates trust, builds a connection and enhances your brand.
A quality-assured translation process
When you need to translate an important company document, such as an annual report or company magazine, into one or more languages, we will ensure that you receive a product of the highest quality.
We will appoint a dedicated project manager with great experience of managing assignments both large and small. The project manager will then choose a translator or team of translators with the right expertise for your specific texts and documents. We would be grateful if you could provide any reference materials, glossaries, translation memories from previous translations or style rules that have been used. This guarantees that we will be able to retain the terminology and style used within your company.
During the translation process itself, it is possible that our translators may have specific queries about the submitted text. These queries may be about terminology or may be requests for clarification of aspects of the text, or relate to special titles used within your company or organisation. Once the document has been translated, it is passed over to one of our proofreaders. Our proofreaders, too, are chosen because of their expertise and background so that the proofreading process will ensure that the target text is of the highest quality.
If you have ordered assistance with DTP (desktop publishing) the text is then sent to our technical department, where they will ensure that the document is ready for printing.
Once completed to your specifications we deliver the document to you for final approval.
Welcome to Stratcore – your very own professional translation agency.
Click here if you’d like us to contact you or call + 46 (0)8 410 38802 for more information on Stratcore´s language services.